Monday, November 21, 2011

Day Game 5: The Jobsite 1... # close

The Jobsite 1... # close (Streaming globally)

Goal:
- since the area has many sets, I wanted to open as many sets as possible
- encourage more on conversation
- playful but not funny

I just resign from work. My goal right now is to work night shift. I have a family to care in the morning and my day job is interfering it. I walk-in to this company and submit my credentials. I saw this HB7 and realizing she is here applying too. During the exam, we sit next to each other. Afterward, outside I give the most common opener and engage in a conversation.

Ahoz: Hi! how was the exam for you?
HB7: I don't know? Quite difficult for me
Ahoz: Same here! By the way, I am Ahoz.
HB7: Kaye. I am nervous! (So let me change her name to "kaye_stream" for future refences)
Me: just relax.
kay_stream: thanks.

I was thinking about what's next. I need to keep the convo. It was lunch time that we finished the exam so I take the oppurtunity for instant date and ask her for a lunch. We go to the nearest fastfood and I ask her to look for a chair while I lined for our food. She gave me her money, her order and proceed to find a chair. While eating, I ask more about her. I found out she is from different province and on her 2year as tourism student. We talk a lot and a had few laugh. We know we have interview next, so we finished up and head back.

After the interview, to which I fail, I ask her if I can get her number. She gave me her number and I saved it. I was thinking on building a day two on her.

After about 2 hours, I text this to her "Good luck on your interview! - Ahoz" to which I could have text her this "Thanks for the company, good luck!". It could have been more precise.

Lesson Learned:
- Nothing beats an ultimate opener "Hi"
- I learn approaching without telegraphing interest
- creating instant date

Thing to Work Out:
- creating strong identity
- playful, cool
- planning for day 2, and logistics if positive

0 comments:

Post a Comment